To govern the sport of competitive snowboarding in Ontario through the development of snowboard athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers from the grassroots level to the elite level of competition.
The Association of Ontario Snowboarders was incorporated in 1998 to function as the Sport Governing Body for snowboarding in Ontario. The AOS sanctions, monitors and assists all competitive snowboarding programs in the province.
Recognized as the Provincial Body by Canadian Snowboard and the Ontario Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport, it is the goal of the AOS to lead and coordinate the safe development and growth of the sport of snowboarding in Ontario.
What We Do
- Develop and implement snowboarding programs for grassroots through to elite Olympic hopefuls
- Advocate for Ontario ’s riders on several official boards, and in snow sports organizations
- Host snowboarding competitions across Ontario
- Ontario Provincial Snowboarding Championships
- Ontario Masters Alpine Snowboarding Championships
- AOS Snowboarding expansion into Northern and Eastern Ontario